"Emerging Explorers" from Voice of America - *I’m Steve Ember. And I’m Shirley Griffith with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Every year, the National Geographic Society honors scientists, wild...
Friday, September 23, 2011
Diego Rivera was born in Guanajuato, Mexico in 1886. He began to be interested in art at age ten. He studied art at the Academy of San Carlos in Mexico City. In 1907, he moved to Europe. First, he studied in Spain for two years. There, he studied with Eduardo Chicharro in Madrid. He spent most of the next fourteen years in Paris where he encountered the works of such great masters as Cézanne, Gauguin, Renoir, and Matisse.
1. The wealthy Rockerfellers of New York City didn't like "Man at the Crossroads" because _________________ .
2. Diego Rivera's relationship with Frido Kahlo has been described as ______________ .
3. In the "Detroit Industrial Mural", Diego Rivera celebrates ________________ .
4. In his public art, Diego Rivera drew most of his inspiration from ______________ .
5. In the Diego Rivera Theater at City College of San Francisco, you can view Rivera's famous mural: " __________________________ ".
6. Diego Rivera believed that one could not be a great artist if he or she ______________ .
7. People who intensely disliked Diego Rivera's work were mostly ________________ .
8. Diego Rivera firmly believed that art _____________________ .
9. Another name for this article could be, " _________________ ".
10. This article is mainly about ______________________ .
Youtube videos showing the work of Diego Rivera:
Posted by John Robinson at 7:25 PM